This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Reinstalled Windows Xp, Wheres My..

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I was forced to reinstall windows xp because of an improper shut down thanks to my computer locking up, a dll became corrupt. I used a back up cd that came with my computer, it was partitioning all my old files. I reinstall XP. Now im with the same xp I had when I first got my computer. The thing is, my C drive is 5.04 gigs big, when I select all the files in it and check their size, its only 2.20 gigs. So I think all my files I had before are somewhere on the C:\…just where? Please help. Thank you.
hi Juggmo- I am not sure which files exactly you are looking for. But if you restored from the disk's that came with your computer then it should be exactly as it was when it came out of the box. Programs and all. If you could tell us which files you are searching for maybe we can help a little more. Also you mentioned partitioning.. your drive C..is that entire hard drive or just partitioned 5gb of drive for OS