This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help In Removing System Restore Malware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have two files that AD-Aware has identified as malware…but can't remove. I assume these files are in "system restore" so I disabled it and re-ran Adaware but that did not help. C:\Restore\Temp\A0348053.0 C:\Restore\Temp\A0348133.0 I have MS-ME. How can I locate these files and delete them? Thanks
Try turning system restore OFF. Reboot. Turn it back ON. Reboot once more. Then run Adaware to see if they are there. Let me know how it goes. :)
Thanks…sorry it took so long to reply but it was a late night. I actually did as you instructed but with the latest edition of SPYBOT (which I had not ugraded until last night as I worked on this problem). Today I ran Adaware (latest upgrade), with system restore disabled, and everything looks good. Enabled System restore and rebooted…all is well. Thanks again for your help! :)
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it
reopened, please send us an email (Click here to email) with a link to your thread.


Donations in support of this Web Site are always appreciated

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI