This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

System Restore points needed after recent malware removal

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just last week CatByte helped me remove malware from my PC. However that caused some problems which are only now becoming apparent & I need to roll back my PC but I can't find the restore points that I ticked to be created. I first went to Windows Help Center where I clicked on System Restore but it has been turned off somehow & all traces of all previous restore points are gone!! I even had a major windows update yesterday which asked me to allow a restore point first to which I clicked yes & that seems to be gone too. Right now I can't remember which malware removal tools made restore points. I know other softwares make restore points too but I just don't seem to be able to find any. Can you please remind me which tools made restore points & where I should look for them. Thanks
Don't worry about answering this enquiry. I've discovered what the problem is & I'll go over to the Windows XP forum & ask a question there. cheers. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI