This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

New Spyware? Might Need Help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, I was hoping for some help. My PC was running very slowly this morning, so I decided to reboot it. When I did I got an "End Task" message asking me if I wanted to end a program that was running. I had never seen this program before it was called "Thorconnwnclass" I am fairly sure that is the correct spelling. I use Mcafee, spybot, cwshredder regularly. Nothing turned up. I also use Zone Alarm. My daugther had left AOL instant messanger running all night, so I thought that somehow this had slowed things down when I ran into the problem this morning but I just don't know. Can you guys give me some suggestions? Have you ever heard of this Thorconnwnclass before? Do you think I have a Trojan or adware going? Thanks! specfisher
"Thorconnwndclass" appears to be a part of outlook/outlook express/pop3 protocol, rather than any malware. Are there any continuing problems?
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm at work right now, so I will check it again when I get home to see if I have any continuing problems. Thanks!