This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blocking unwanted alerts

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

How to prevent an alert about IDM at bootup of x32Win10ProV22H2 ? I'm guessing some Registry tweak might do it. It says "Some application has damaged IDM integration into browsers". Manually I can just close that window, so one option would be an automated procedure for closing that window, but I'd prefer prevention/blockage.

  1. Navigate to the appropriate registry entries related to IDM integration. Typically, they would be in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software branches.
  2. Look for IDM-related entries and try modifying or deleting them to prevent the integration alert. Be cautious and make minimal changes.
  3. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Yes, that is also the path I expected to have to take; and I had done so, but firstly, there is NO 'IDM' entry, but there is for Download Manager, however, there are hundreds of 'keys' there, so I was hoping for clearer guidance on which to focus on, as none are OBVIOUSLY addressing 'integration'.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI