Please see the attachment which shows numbers next to partitions.
I wondered if the numbers should be there, why they are and if they do any harm?.
1 min read
Please see the attachment which shows numbers next to partitions.
I wondered if the numbers should be there, why they are and if they do any harm?.
Yes they are normal. Your partitions are not named and the system wants to call them something so it uses kind of a coordinate system.
If you look at the lower part… the first partition on Disk 0 is 100 mb System reserve or EFI partition. The next one is named your C: drive (has a name so no location numbers) and then you have your Recovery partition Disk 0 partition 4. (I honestly don't know why recovery is not Disk 0 partition 3 but it is often 4)
Here is some info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/disk-management/overview-of-disk-management
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI