This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

attachments

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello Admin

I attached 5 PDF's measuring KB's but could not attach the last one. It is the same size and the site says max 100 MB. I used both the uploaders.

I do not need it now but wondered, for future, us why this cannot be done.

It is in the general hardware section under Tower. 

Thank you

Hi Peter,

It may be that one of the other Admins may have more detailed knowledge on this but I would guess that it's just a system limitation that is a remnant from when this board software was developed initially.

 

I know this must have been annoying for you, but uploading 6 individual three Quarter Meg documents is not a common occurrence (at least I have never come across it before) and I'm doubtful that the site owner Blair will be actively considering spending resources to try and update the board software in this particular respect whilst retaining all its other good features.

 

However if there is a wholesale review of the software in the future then I'm sure your valuable comments will feature in the decision making process.

Many thanks for your input

Regards

paws

I am not at all negative about my failure to upload the 6th. I did get 5 done and that is quite good for any forum.

I think I was just curious whether it was on my end or not.

No problems and have a nice weekend.

Hi Peter, long time no see/talk :D

 

Did you get any error messages with the other PDFs you tried to upload? Can you send one to my E-mail? I'mm send you a PM with my current email address. Will see what happens when I try to upload it.

 

PM sent.

HI Rich

Still hanging in and trying.

I will try to send the last one which was unsuccessful to the forum here first. If it won't work as in the last time I will send it to you and thank you for that gesture.

I do have your address from before, thank you.

This is just to see if it can be done.

 

Otherwise, and after think it over,  I have decided to either get a pre built like these or sit down and  pay to get decent parts they can build. The SSD's and PSU's on these are not that good but with a three year warranty might be a consideration. I could ask fro  a swap of partsand pay the difference.

I think one machine had an ADATA SSD and Master Cooler, neither too good from what I hear.

My 7 year old Dell does not support virtualization. I confined that with the Intel tool. The BIOS says yes as does the task manager but I think that is for hyper-v.

Well this time it worked. I guess there was a cumulative load before.

Attachments:

That PDF came through fine. I could download and read it.

 

I bought a Lenovo IdeaCenter K450 in December 2013 and have loved it. It came with Windows 8.0 (yuk)

 

Intel Quad Core i7-4770 @ 3.4Ghz

16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM

1TB SeaGate SATA III 7200RPM drive

19" Lenovo Display

 

Cost was $814 delivered.

 

I installed Start8 to get a usable Start menu then upgraded to 8.1 then Windows 10 ASAP.

 

I've added a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD as the OS boot drive then a few weeks ago replaced it with a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. SSD is the best upgrade you can get for your money.

Added 2TB Seagate ST2000NM0011 SATA-6GB; 1.5TB Seagate ST3150041AS SATA-3GB to replace a failing 1TB SeaGate drive.

Now using a Samsung C27F398 27" Curved Monitor connected via HDMI which is amazing,  on a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 video card.

 

Oh, I replaced the 350W power supply it came with with a 550W supply.

 

Power on to a usable desktop in 17 seconds. Restart to usable desktop in 25 seconds.

 

All this is to let you know you can get good, reliable system from big box manufacturers. Just be careful and do your homework so you know what you're buying.

I am going to keep the configuration you posted as a reference thank you I wish I could exchange parts as well as you do but I will work on it
I could have Micro Center upgrade the power supply and SSD or whatever needs it and on the other hand could sit down and go over Parts as they assemble it for me

Good power supply, 16GB ram, good video card and a SSD are absolute requirements. Almost anything else you can upgrade as time and money permits.

 

Good luck Peter.

I don't know if I will use other than the integrated card but I do understand everything you've told me and I thank you very much rich
. Would an integrated card function

Sure. A add-on video card is more for gamers or people who need high video performance. For what you and I and most people do, the onboard video is sufficient. You can always upgrade at a future date if you want.

 

I know WEI is a Windows 7 thing (and maybe Windows 8/8.1) but I like it as it gives a nice, quick peek at overall performance).

 

📎WEI.jpg

So the integrated video card is okay for a virtual machine, correct.
Secondly could you please send me a link for the WEI that you posted I was not aware of it. :)