This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

size used in mb/gb in status bar in windows 7

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In windows xp in the status bar it gave the number of items in the folder on the left and the amount of space that folder was taking up on the drive on the right. I don't see this in windows 7 and found I have a staggering 14+GB in one folder when I went to save it to flash drive. Lucky enough, I was able to save this on the flash drive without having to alter the files, but that won't always be the case. I always found this was very handy if files were being transferred to a cd\dvd so as not to exceed the space on these discs before transferring the data. Is there a way to get this to show in windows 7? Thank you for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
I have not seen any way to do what you want. I've seen lots of requests to have it but no info on how to do so.

You can find the same info by right clicking on the folder and selecting Properties, but that is slower and cumbersome.
Explorer replacement programs like Avanguest PowerDesk provide this but they are not free.

Q-Dir (free) may but I don't have it installed any more.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI