This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

light blue screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been getting a blue screen lately and the desktop is hard to boot up afterwards. Looks like the end. If I knew it was a hard drive I would replace it but it tested OK.
  There is really no error or code other than you have shut the PC down incorrectly and we are gathering information but it stays like that. I have to keep holding the power button down to boot. I used the PE drive to boot into it once.
What dos this sound like to you?
I must add I have been remiss about replacing my monitor.   It flickers = "auto adjust in progress" when i boot up.
Could the monitor be causing this blue screen?
Peter

That folder was empty. I am guilty of postponing a new monitor which I read can cause this. i will get one tomorrow and report back if trouble persists. The flickering cannot be doing any good. It is 9 years old.

TY for replying to my post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI