Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 nowellpp

nowellpp

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

I tried for over an hour to change my sign in as recommended. 

• uuncqzgj likes this

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:49 PM

Pete, a post like this is not going to get you much, if any help. Again, no context. I've asked in the Team forum for a mod to see if he/she cqan help. Not sure how long it will take before someone contacts you.

• nowellpp likes this

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:16 PM

I've been out of town all weekend and didn't take a computer.  Didn't choose to deal with this via phone.

I'm on it now.

• nowellpp likes this
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#4 nowellpp

nowellpp

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:00 AM

Thank you both.Take your time and it will work out. I can get in for now.

God luck with the issue.

#5 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

Peter,

It does not appear that you have read the PM that I sent you.

I'll forward it to this username also.

Well,  that didn't work as your new account is not eligible for PM's.

• Peter1 likes this
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#6 nowellpp

nowellpp

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:58 PM

Peter,

It does not appear that you have read the PM that I sent you.

I'll forward it to this username also.

Well,  that didn't work as your new account is not eligible for PM's.

>>Tom - I tried to find your PM but was not able to do so. Where do I click to find it for future reference?

I am currently all set with a new user name but am afraid to mess with the password. I tried but it got sticky so I am leaving all as is b/c it is working.

I thought I lost my ability to use WTT and that would be a disaster as you know I am your steadiest customer. 

Peter  :)

#7 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:18 PM

PM stands for Private Message.  PM will only show to the sender and the recipient.  You would only be able to read the message sent to Peter1 in the Peter1 account.  If you are in the nowellpp account... you won't see it.

Messages are found at the upper right of the screen (you must be all the way to the top).  The icon varies depending upon which skin you are using.  If you use the default smart screen (red background) it will be a pair of speech bubbles that say message when you hover the mouse over them.

New users cannot PM.  You have to have a minimum number of posts before that service is available to you.  Currently, your new persona doesn't qualify.

I thought you intended to continue to use your Peter1 account, but you just needed to change your password.  Is it your intent to dispense with your old account and move forward with the new one?  As you recall from the site conditions of use, we expect members to use only one account (though sometimes, as in this case, people have to start a second account to get something straight on their "main" account)

• Peter1 likes this
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#8 nowellpp

nowellpp

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:26 PM

Due to some confusion I luckily was able to get in by using a new user name although I was trying to create a new password.

Please let me know what to do to make this as easy as can be and allow me to use the forum.

If you like I can change the user to the old original user name. Then change my password, assuming it can be done. 

If you like I could send you the old original user name and the desired new password if you could facilitate this on your end with no trouble. This way I would have the original user name and a new password. I am afraid of getting locked out or messing it up.

Edited by nowellpp, 02 March 2020 - 02:29 PM.

#9 nowellpp

nowellpp

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:38 PM

I tired to use my old user name and a new password. The first time it said my address is not valid,  the second try said my key is wrong so I stopped until I hear from you.

I would like my original account with a new password but cannot get it done. Sorry to be a problem but I have never encountered this.

#10 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

I, Peter1  am very grateful to you,Tom. I now have one account, the original one, with the original user name and the new p-word you gave me and the original address. Thanks so very much.

Peter

PS        I tried to 'like' your posts but was unable to. I guess it all has to catch up.

Edited by tashi, 04 March 2020 - 06:53 PM.
Locked topic, spam bots subscribed and posted to it.