I tried for over an hour to change my sign in as recommended.
moderator
3 min read
Pete, a post like this is not going to get you much, if any help. Again, no context. I've asked in the Team forum for a mod to see if he/she cqan help. Not sure how long it will take before someone contacts you.
I've been out of town all weekend and didn't take a computer. Didn't choose to deal with this via phone.
I'm on it now.
Thank you both.Take your time and it will work out. I can get in for now.
God luck with the issue.
Peter,
It does not appear that you have read the PM that I sent you.
I'll forward it to this username also.
Well, that didn't work as your new account is not eligible for PM's.
Peter,
It does not appear that you have read the PM that I sent you.
I'll forward it to this username also.
Well, that didn't work as your new account is not eligible for PM's.
>>Tom - I tried to find your PM but was not able to do so. Where do I click to find it for future reference?
I am currently all set with a new user name but am afraid to mess with the password. I tried but it got sticky so I am leaving all as is b/c it is working.
I thought I lost my ability to use WTT and that would be a disaster as you know I am your steadiest customer.
Peter
PM stands for Private Message. PM will only show to the sender and the recipient. You would only be able to read the message sent to Peter1 in the Peter1 account. If you are in the nowellpp account… you won't see it.
Messages are found at the upper right of the screen (you must be all the way to the top). The icon varies depending upon which skin you are using. If you use the default smart screen (red background) it will be a pair of speech bubbles that say message when you hover the mouse over them.
New users cannot PM. You have to have a minimum number of posts before that service is available to you. Currently, your new persona doesn't qualify.
I thought you intended to continue to use your Peter1 account, but you just needed to change your password. Is it your intent to dispense with your old account and move forward with the new one? As you recall from the site conditions of use, we expect members to use only one account (though sometimes, as in this case, people have to start a second account to get something straight on their "main" account)
Due to some confusion I luckily was able to get in by using a new user name although I was trying to create a new password.
Please let me know what to do to make this as easy as can be and allow me to use the forum.
If you like I can change the user to the old original user name. Then change my password, assuming it can be done.
If you like I could send you the old original user name and the desired new password if you could facilitate this on your end with no trouble. This way I would have the original user name and a new password. I am afraid of getting locked out or messing it up.
I tired to use my old user name and a new password. The first time it said my address is not valid, the second try said my key is wrong so I stopped until I hear from you.
I would like my original account with a new password but cannot get it done. Sorry to be a problem but I have never encountered this.
I, Peter1 am very grateful to you,Tom. I now have one account, the original one, with the original user name and the new p-word you gave me and the original address. Thanks so very much.
Peter
PS I tried to 'like' your posts but was unable to. I guess it all has to catch up.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI