Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Macrium reflect rescue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:34 AM

MR as of 8-20-19 has an update which I installed. I noticed in reading about it that there is no mention of .ESD just .WIM. I clicked the large question mark and entered this in search.

MCT made this system as .ESD so why is all in MR .WIM?

Also, should I update the rescue media as well as MR?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Microsoft is the only one that used ESD as far as I'm aware of.

ESD is simply a compressed version of WIM to reduce download size. Content is identical so which you got doesn't matter since once installed the end result is the same.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:06 AM

I underrated about the formats or extensions. I will only update when there is a new version or if there is a red warning to update my rescue media.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

I'm still using rescue media at the shop I made in 2017. It's 32 bit and works on everything I've tried it on. Since all I use it for is to restore a backup image or occasionally fix a boot problem, I don't see any need for a newer one.  If I have problems, it takes me 5 minutes to make a new one so it's not a concern.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

I have concluded that it is best to do it that way also. I only test it once in a great while.