This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Macrium reflect rescue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

MR as of 8-20-19 has an update which I installed. I noticed in reading about it that there is no mention of .ESD just .WIM. I clicked the large question mark and entered this in search.

 

MCT made this system as .ESD so why is all in MR .WIM?

 

Also, should I update the rescue media as well as MR?

Microsoft is the only one that used ESD as far as I'm aware of.

 

ESD is simply a compressed version of WIM to reduce download size. Content is identical so which you got doesn't matter since once installed the end result is the same.

I underrated about the formats or extensions. I will only update when there is a new version or if there is a red warning to update my rescue media.

I'm still using rescue media at the shop I made in 2017. It's 32 bit and works on everything I've tried it on. Since all I use it for is to restore a backup image or occasionally fix a boot problem, I don't see any need for a newer one.  If I have problems, it takes me 5 minutes to make a new one so it's not a concern.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI