This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

mini DisplayPort with HDMI-adapter - Can't change resolution

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Lenovo w530, Windows 10

 

I am connecting my Laptop (Lenovo w530) with my projector (Epwon TW3200) using the laptops "mini DisplayPort" and a HDMI-adapter to a Hdmi-cable.

 

The picture displays nicely, however with a lower resolution than it should (1280 x 1024 if I recall correctly). It should be able to display 1920 x 1080, which I can get via the VGA-cable.

 

When I try to change the display resolution on my laptop all the resolution options are "grayed out"/non-changeable.

 

How can I fix this?

Hello white-k,

 

Do you have a link to the type of adaptor that you are using so that we can check the specs, 1920x1200 is the max that many of them are capable of.

The information at the link say that the device is for use with the following so it would not be something that I would purchase for use with any other brand, MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air with a mini Display Port, more tellingly though is what is stated about the maximum screen resolution Supports HDMI highest video resolution 1080p.

 

Found a Lenovo adaptor which states 3840x2160 but only at 30Hz.see info here

more tellingly though is what is stated about the maximum screen resolution Supports HDMI highest video resolution 1080p.

 

Thank you! But isn't 1080p enough if I want 1920x1080?

Apologies white-k I had forgotten that you could only get 1280 x 1024, in my defence it was nearly three weeks ago when I originally replied  :whistling:

 

When I try to change the display resolution on my laptop all the resolution options are "grayed out"/non-changeable.

 

 

Do you happen to know what graphics device your computer has, if yes, do you have the latest drivers for the device installed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI