Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

mini DisplayPort with HDMI-adapter - Can't change resolution

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 white-k

white-k

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:25 PM

Lenovo w530, Windows 10

I am connecting my Laptop (Lenovo w530) with my projector (Epwon TW3200) using the laptops "mini DisplayPort" and a HDMI-adapter to a Hdmi-cable.

The picture displays nicely, however with a lower resolution than it should (1280 x 1024 if I recall correctly). It should be able to display 1920 x 1080, which I can get via the VGA-cable.

When I try to change the display resolution on my laptop all the resolution options are "grayed out"/non-changeable.

How can I fix this?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

Phill

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:50 AM

Hello white-k,

Do you have a link to the type of adaptor that you are using so that we can check the specs, 1920x1200 is the max that many of them are capable of.

#3 white-k

white-k

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:23 PM

Hello white-k,

Do you have a link to the type of adaptor that you are using so that we can check the specs, 1920x1200 is the max that many of them are capable of.

Hi there.

My apologies for the delay. It seems I have a pretty generic device but here is a link to it on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com...nUAAOSwepJXXlnd

#4 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

Phill

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:16 AM

The information at the link say that the device is for use with the following so it would not be something that I would purchase for use with any other brand, MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air with a mini Display Port, more tellingly though is what is stated about the maximum screen resolution Supports HDMI highest video resolution 1080p.

Found a Lenovo adaptor which states 3840x2160 but only at 30Hz.see info here

• retdegpe likes this

#5 white-k

white-k

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:21 AM

more tellingly though is what is stated about the maximum screen resolution Supports HDMI highest video resolution 1080p.

Thank you! But isn't 1080p enough if I want 1920x1080?

#6 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

Phill

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:40 AM

Apologies white-k I had forgotten that you could only get 1280 x 1024, in my defence it was nearly three weeks ago when I originally replied  :whistling:

When I try to change the display resolution on my laptop all the resolution options are "grayed out"/non-changeable.

Do you happen to know what graphics device your computer has, if yes, do you have the latest drivers for the device installed.