Hey, It's not a biggy problem.
My video card recently burned out, and while I'm waiting for the new one to be delivered; I'm using the default graphics card that comes with the computer (you know, the one located just under the mouse and keyboard inputs on the back of the computer.) I aren't sure what it's called exactly.
But yeah, my question is, can anybody tell me if it's possible to change the resolution on it? Possibly by downloading an update for it? Because it currently doesn't let me change it's current resolution of 640 by 480 pixels (on a 15" monitor), and it looks absolutely horrible.
I'm using the default graphics card that comes with the computer (you know, the one located just under the mouse and keyboard inputs on the back of the computer. I aren't sure what it's called exactly.)
Yeah, that called "on-board" graphics", not "default". And the area it, and the keyboard and mouse inputs are located is called the "rear panel I/O".
You will need to install the drivers for your on-board graphics. Your motherboard should have come with a utilities disk, or for the most recent drivers, go out to your motherboard's website and download the latest for your specific motherboard. I would suggest you uninstall all old drivers first.
I've had a look around for driver update for my motherboard, but I honestly can't find a thing.
Perhaps you might be able to give me a link?
Here's my info:
Mainboard Info:
Buses: AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP Support: 1 CPU
Model: F89M
Version
BIOS Version: IntelR - 42302e31
BIOS Date: 12/05/03
BIOS Vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD.
Hi Dargoroth,
Digerati will almost cerainly be able to come up with some extra information for you, but in the meantime you could go here: http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
download Everest and when you run it, it will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about your machine!
In particular it will probably show you links to your motherboard manufacturer's site and details of your onboard video chip so you can download the drivers you need as Digerati suggested.
Regards
paws
Everest is an excellent suggestion. CPUz might tell you something too. Or you may have to power down, unplug, pop the side off and visually inspect the motherboard for labeling.
Plugging F89M in Google showed it could an Acer branded motherboard actually made by Foxconn. Is this a store bought PC or did you or someone else assemble it? If store bought, what is brand and model number of the computer?
Digerati will almost cerainly be able to come up with some extra information for you
Hey! Don't go putting me on the spot here!! lol
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI