This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Laptop printer instructions are not complied with

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My wife's laptop is giving her problems.  She has a Windows 10 o/s.  She wants to print out a document to her Canon MG3120 printer.  She sends the print command.  The printer gets the command and prints out blank pages.  She thinks it is a printer problem so she takes a typed copy, puts in the printer pushes copy and it prints out perfectly.  She then brings her printer to me and tries to print her document out using my Canon MX452 printer.  Again, the printer gets the command but prints out blank copies of the document.  I then ask her to email me the document.  On my laptop I open the document and send the print command to the MX452 and the document prints out.  

 

I haven't a clue as to why her laptop isn't printing out these documents.  But I sense it's some box that needs to be checked somewhere.  She's been able to print out all her documents easily for months until today.  Can you lend some insight?  

Uninstall the current driver/software for her printer from Control Panel, Add or remove programs.

Download the latest available from Canon and install it.

 

When you install, disconnect the USB cable before starting the install. It will tell you when to connect the cable. If you are using WiFi then just follow the instructions.

I did exactly as you asked.  I deleted the MG3120 printer driver.  Then re-installed a new MG3120 Printer Driver from the link you gave.  I then attempted to connect the laptop via USB to the MG3120 and print out a document.  It sent the printer command and the printer did go through the printing, but there was nothing on the page.  

Can you print on her printer, the MG3120?

 

When you installed the printer driver, it should have paused and asked you to connect the USB cable at some point, did it?

 

What happens if you open Control Panel, Devices and Printers the right click on the MG3120 and select Printer Properties then click the Print a test page button?

When I installed the printer driver there was a screen that asked me to connect the USB cable and wait. I did so, the computer found the printer and moved on to the complete installation screen.  I clicked OK and thought that might have corrected the problem. I was able to send a TEST print command to the MG3120.  The printer was able to print out a graphic (small image of a printer in upper right of page) but no text.  I then tried to print a document with a picture and it printed the picture but not any text.  

I believe the problem has been solved. I opened Control Panel/MG3120/Printer Properties/Advanced and de-selected "enable Advanced printer properties."  And now it seems to print the text OK.  Not sure why this works but it apparently has solved my problem.  thank you for your able bodied assistance.  

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI