This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Intermittent Mouse Issues

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

New computer, Windows 10.  I have a wireless mouse with a USB plugged into my laptop.  When I turn on the computer, the mouse doesn't work and I despise using the touch pad.  Then after a while, sometimes an hour or more, I get a notice in the lower right of my computer screen that the usd F has been found.  After I receive that notice, the mouse and associated cursor work just fine.  This has just been happening now for a couple of weeks.  I purchased the laptop last Fall (2018) and have never had a problem with the mouse/cursor before this so it seems that some setting was changed but I have no idea how to fix this.

It seems to have resolved itself.  Have no clue as to what was happening.  But it works now.  I'll get back if it reoccurs. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI