Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

internal hard drive in to an external one

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

After assembly, do you format or create a new simple volume in disc management.?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:25 AM

Hi Peter,

I don't as a rule do anything with mine!

I have literally dozens that I have salvaged from de commissioned old computers, I just remove any information that I don't require and just use them as normal.

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

Hi again

It is nice to be in a forum with manners. Some of the new ones are crude perhaps exhibiting a young attitude.

I guess I can try it as you say. It will be easier. I may also format it to start from scratch. It has my old notes on it which are now in this system and backed up.

Better two images than none.

Thanks

Peter