This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

System Recovery

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I hope you can help, I have xp professional sp3 2002 I want to make a back up disc so that i can re format my hard drive but I am having a problem. when I run the automated system recovery wizard it says that it does it in two parts 1 part on the floppy disc for the system settings and the second on another drive for the info off the c drive. I don't have a floppy disc what can i do? I have tried to store everything on an external hd but it won't do it. Thanks David.
Best option is to create a full .iso backup copy with a program such as Acronis True Image. Create the bootable backup recovery CD Save the created .iso backup to external media such as an external hard drive.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI