Just installed win7 on lenevo K450.
Went to update and installed SP1 and lots of other updates.
Later when asked for update check, system said 'Must install update to windows update to get
the latest update.So I agreed and it installed Windows update agent 7.6.7600.320.
Then I went to update it ran and then said An error occurred while checking update.
Error 8007000 E. On 2nd try,same answer but code C80003F3.
Update agent shows on the list of updates installed. However, it does not show in the list
of updates that can be Uninstalled.
Pc is running fine but no further updates.
Any thoughts/solution?
I use when I clean install Windows 7 now: Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 .
Once that's done there are another 40 or 50 updates and your done, rather than the 180+ that are normally required on top of SP1.
Thank you very much but this solution is way above my pay grade.
Some funny things have happened since my last post. Do not have
time now but will post later.
It's pretty straight forward. You download the servicing stack update and the rollup.
Install the servicing stack, reboot and install the rollup. You're done.
Then do a Windows update to get the last 40+ updates and you're really done.
It took over 8 hours but I managed to reinstall win7.Could not find the updates you mentioned.
Have done a few at a time and pc is working well.Let us see what future brings.
Thank you for your time and help.
DO several more Windows Updates and you will get more over the next day or two. Glad you got it up to date though.
Good luck.