This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Steps to Prepare Old Computer for Disposal [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am preparing to dispose of an old laptop.  Would anyone have a suggestion on steps/tools I could use to ensure the hard drive is completely clear?

 

It is a Compaq Notebook X1030US

 

Running Windows XP Version 5.1

 

I did find two discs that cam with it:

  • Drivery Recovery CD
  • Operating System CD

 

Hello and welcome back YatesBros.

 

This is not a subject for this forum and the Windows forum experts are far more capable of advising you so I'd advise you to ask for their help.

 

Please go here and post a new topic.

 

Good luck

 

Satchfan

 

 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI