This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Want to donate old Win 98 laptop and wipe hard drive prior to donating

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, and thanks in advance for your help!

 

I am donating my old IBM ThinkPad 600 Type 2645 to a senior citizen care facility.  The OS is Windows 98.

 

I would greatly appreciate any instructions on how I can best wipe my hard drive.  I am concerned about wiping the Word documents, Outlook Express files, and Outlook files.  I also need to remove my Windows log in, which pops up at start-up.

 

Thanks again for your time and expertise.

What are they going to do with a Windows 98 computer? I can't think of anything they could possibly do with it other than play a few games.

 

If you're serious about doing this, format the drive then reinstall Windows 98.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI