I am at a loss to understand all the big changes with graphic card connectors. I used to buy graphics cards and they all came with a DVI-I connection. Now I'm stuck with graphic cards with DVI-D connections. I have two MSI GT710 cards and one ASUS HD 6450 - all with the DVI-D connection. I purchased adapters but they do not work - I just get a black screen when the card is installed and I start the computer. Instructions from MSI say to insert the driver DVD at startup- unfortunately, their DVD dosen't start at startup and I have no picture on the monitor. Can anyone help me get these cards installed?
Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, present add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit). The same for any display that you are trying to use, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.
Thanks for your reply. After further investigation my problem turned out to be the power supply not the graphics card. Seems these cards require a minimum 300W power supply. I have a Dell SFF with only a 235W supply.
Thank you for the update, sorry to hear that it is not better news
Good work on determining what the problem was, for others that may read the thread but not be aware the PSU may be labelled as having a 235W output but in truth they most commonly can only actually produce 180W, generic foreign imported PSUs are renowned for this type of misleading information
You are welcome btw
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI