This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks in advance for your help.

I received a Junk Email today advertising flashlights for sale. I've moved the email to Deleted Items, but I cannot delete it. This error message pops up: "An error occurred in the underlying security system. An internal error occurred."

Windows 10 Pro
MS Outlook 2016
The Account type is Gmail POP/SMTP.

Thank you for trying to help.

 

I'm not on a server.  I was able to delete the email from my Chrome-based Gmail but not from Outlook.

 

A person on another help forum told me that the email was sent with a digital signature and she said "The error message makes sense now - its saying the certificate is corrupt and it can't display the message. ….  If not, MFCMAPI should get rid of it - If you need specific instructions, I'll write them up in the morning."

 

I'm waiting for her to have time to write the MFCMAPI instructions.

You are welcome,

I'm not on a server.

 

Its your email company's server you need to delete it from, I.E.the server that serves your email!

 

Lets' wait and see what other solutions are suggested by your other forum, as there's little point in taking advice from two different sources (at the same time, this is likely to lead to confusion and waste of specialist advisers time)

 

Please provide a link to your other forum question so we can see what has going on

Regards

paws

Will do.  Thanks very much, Paws!

 

Ok, No problem

:thumbup:

 

I suggest you wait to see what Diane comes up with, as this may do the trick for you.

Regards

paws

Thank you, Paws, for trying to help me.  The Outlook expert in the Microsoft Community gave me instructions on how to delete the Junk Mail with a MFCMAPI app.  It worked.  Thanks again, Paws and everyone.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI