Try right clicking on it in Device Manager and select Update driver then have it Search Automatically for updates, see what it does. May not find anything better but worth trying.
Sound problems, networking problems
5 min read
Did the automatic search, and it resulted, that the most recent driver already's installed.
Funny, I saw your reply in my mail, but it doesn't seem to be here in the forum?
's
It's the first reply on page #2.
Ah, yes
Well, I'll see if the sound problem will return or not. So far it hasn't.
Have you any ideas about, what could be the reason local networks some times don't show? It happens very irregularly, and I don't see any
pattern..
What do you mean by local networks? Do you mean other computers on your network or ??? Please explain more.
WLAN - perhaps a bar or restaurant, perhaps a router in a private home. Example: I was visiting a house with various routers. Some of them only came up as "Unknown network", so I couldn't connect to them. Another time the local network in a guesthouse simply didn't show on the list over available networks. In both cases, there wasn't a problem with the router, and other devices (such as my mobile phone as well as others) didn't have a problem.
It has all in all happened about three times in the last year, so it's not a big problem, though irritating, when it happens. The infrequency also makes it difficult to get an idea about, what causes it..
Well, the sound problem persists. As I seem to have gone through part of the installation only, would it be an idea to uninstall the driver and try again?
Open Device Manager and expand Sound, video and game controllers. Post an image here.
Double click on the sound device then click on teh Details tab.
Select the Vakue that shows data that includes &SUBSYS_
Press Ctrl+C to copy that data then do a Google search to find out what the device is and see if you cna find a driver for it. Dosnload and install the driver,see if that resolves your sound issues.
Post the info here if you would like help searching.
I get "realtek high definition audio drivers" on my search. Then I am presented with a host of drivers, all seeming to be older than my present one, which is
Version 6.0.1.8117 from 11/04/2017
The 32 and 64 bit Realtek drivers are available here: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
2018-08-06 12_25_22-Realtek - SeaMonkey.jpg
Give the 64 bit version a try, even if the date or version appears older.
How do I install it? When I go Update driver, I get the message, that the best driver already is installed..
You download it then double click on it to install. The downloaded file is:
0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe
I would uninstall the current driver via Device Manager first. Don't delete the files though.
Hi
Did it, and it seems to have taken care of the problem - haven't had sound trouble for about a week.
Thanks a lot!
Jens
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI