This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Old Problem With Machine

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Paws;

Sorry I took so long to reply. You may have deleted my Topic.

File Explorer is Working Fine. Did the cold Boot.

I Did a System Restore. Had to Reload some programs. Didn’t really want to go back that far.

The only issue I have now is a POP UP Telling me My D: Drive is “Low Disk Space, You Are Running Out of Space On Local Disk D: “

Is there anything I can do Fix This or improve it, so the POP UP goes away?

Thank You.

Marty1946

 

Good Morning Paws,

 

I did the Screenshots, but don't really know how to upload them to you!

My machines Local Disk (d:) 39.7 MB Free of 449 MB.

 

I'm guessing it is used for Recovery.

Drives Listed Below.

 

Gateway C:845 GB Free of 913 GB -  Local Disk D: 39.7 Free of 449 MB - DVD RW Drive (E) 

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Marty

Hi Marty 1946

Your D partition is tiny and the warning can be safely ignored.

 

If you really want to stop the warnings coming up then editing the Registry will be required….

Here's a link that explains all:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/faq-low-disk-space-notification-or-warning-in-windows-7-how-to-disable-etc

 

Just 2 things to keep in mind:

 

1 Please dont try and delete or remove or add anything to your D drive

2 When editing the Registry you will be operating in an environment outside of the normal friendly Windows area, you will not receive friendly warnings about "do you really want to do this or that?"  if you make a mistake, mistype something etc the action will take place (execute) if the mistake is one that will wreck your machine then that is exactly what it will do….. so do be careful, back up your Registry before you start, check all your other back ups and when you have done that do it again! Make a System Restore Point as well to be on the safe side.

 

All best

paws

Dear Paws,

 

Sorry it took so long to answer you.

I did the registry edit for the low disc space.

But I'm still getting the Popup, I'm resigned to the fact of just getting used to it..

Thanks for your help.

.

Marty

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI