This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

partitioned drive, C filling up, what else to move?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi: My computer came with a partitioned drive, C is only 13.9 GB, it only has 210MB free, this is with me moving many programs to the huge & vastly empty D drive, as well as deleting anything I can find, etc. I noticed it filling up last summer when I began downloading digitial photos, so I moved them all to the D drive & life was good again, but ever since I got an adware/spyware virus it is constantly bumping the full section. I am working to resolve that issue on the other forum, but do think I should try to move more & more to the D for future use. Is there anything I CANNOT move to D….I am going to uninstall and reinstall onto D several of my programs-scanner driver, anti-virus, etc., but so many things seem to default to C, I need to know what is "holy" and what could be moved. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
U cud run the disk cleanup utility or CCleaner and delete temporary files, temp internet files which take up space. Also restore points. Empty ur recycle bin/ if u hve Norton Protected. Since u have been downloading and deleting lots of files, its possible that ur drive is fragmented badly.. check it using the 'analyze' option in the Disk defragmenter and run a defrag after running chkdsk( u need to have 15% free space for that). Here's a link on freeing up disk space-
http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2007p162id97442.htm

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI