This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Laptop will not shutdown, restarts in airplane mode when i try

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello and thank you for your help.  I initiated a thread in the spyware/malware/virus forum and we went through that.  I was told any issues i had have been removed (link to thread included below) and that the issue may be resolved by someone in tech support.  So, here's my issue: when i attempt to shutdown my laptop it restarts, usually in airplane mode.  Unlike many posts I've seen, I don't have any trouble turning off airplane mode i just can't figure out why it restarts and why it restarts in airplane mode. 

 

s/m/v forum thread

https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=131356

 

I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.  Thank you.

 

Kevin

Please look at Juliet's post No 2 and in particular the two links she provided.
 
Try each of the suggestions (with a reboot after each one,) if no joy then move on to the next one….
Don't forget the suggested fixes in the follow up posts.
 
One of these should do the trick for you, however if for some reason after diligently trying each one and there is no improvement then it probably time to reset your computer…see here for details:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

 

As always check and double check your backups before you start, then check them again…. Your disc images should also be checked if these form a regular part of your back up strategy (  as they should!)

Regards

paws

Hello Paws,

Thank you for your input.  I looked at all four of those links provided by Juliet.  Those address an issue of computers starting with airplane mode enabled and being unable to turn it off.  I don't have that issue, I have no problem turning airplane mode off.  While it's annoying that the laptop boots in airplane mode, what is most concerning to me is the fact that I can't shut it down.  When I try, it reboots, every time.  I tried a reset but that didn't resolve the issue.  

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI