This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

System Shutdowns

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:unsure: I have a Window XP and survived malware/viruse by installing Anti-Malware. My internet went back to normal like before, but everytime I would be searching something or in the middle of doing something I would get an error of some sort. I would click "send error report." After I click that, I would get a popup saying SYSTEM SHUTDOWN: my computer needs to restart because of a DCODM Launching Server was disabled or something like that. It would restart after one minute. It would keep doing that, and I would have to restart my computer like 4 to 5 times. How do I stop this restarting?
[external image: Posted Image] Rylin2186,

Please go to this link and follow the advice to post a HJT log to the correct forum. If you have had no answer in 5 days, post a gentle reminder here.

We hope you enjoy your membership here, there is so much to read and learn.

kind regards,
Dont click on "send an error report" , rather click on "dont send report". It will temporarily overdo your problem, it wont restart .. But to avoid this problem permanently format the Windows.. This way you can avoid system shutdown as it is happening due to virus attacks..(most probably)..

But to avoid this problem permanently format the Windows..


Hi

:welcome:

Formatting a machine is seldom necessary unless in extreme cases, such as very persistent Rootkits if we are talking malware.
And should be considered last option.

which leads me to;

This way you can avoid system shutdown as it is happening due to virus attacks..(most probably)..


And most likely it is cleanable in our malware forum, which Tallin have already given direction for. If it is malware of course.

This message is not to put you down, advice is always welcomed. I just present my view on the advice given.
Hope to see you around. :)

Regards Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI