This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Connected to internet but browsers don't work

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Not sure what happened but none of the browers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) can reach the internet although the system shows that I have an internet connection.  I ran Spybot and Malwarebytes, without updates.  Spybot found issues and I had them fixed.  Malwarebytes found no threats.  I haven't tried system restore yet, I'll do that next.  I'd like to know why this occurred so any opinions on this problem would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Not sure what happened but none of the browers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) can reach the internet although the system shows that I have an internet connection.

 

Does it really show "Internet" connection, or does it show "network" connection. There's a big difference.

 

If you can connect to your network, there may be nothing wrong with your computer and the problem may be with your gateway (typically the modem or router).

 

Can other computers/devices on your network get out?

 

Have you done a "cold" reboot? By "cold" I mean to power down the computer and unplug the power supply from the wall for about 15 seconds. Then connect and boot up again.

I am connected to the internet with one platforn that's related to business but no browser works.  I'm sending this from my laptop which is connected to Firefox and is right next to the desktop, so the problem is with the desktop.  I've run all the diagnostics to look for viruses, etc. which found none but I'll still think I might be infected.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI