Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox and internet explorer stopped working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 powertortoise

powertortoise

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

Hi, I have already solved my problem, but maybe someone else will find this useful.

My problem was that internet explorer and firefox would not load up any pages, although i could still use msn messenger and view websites through a bittorrent client.
My firewall was set to allow these programs.

I noticed that my antivirus (Avast) was dissallowed web access in zonealarm. (dont know how that happened)
I enabled web access for avast and my browsers now work as normal.
spybot s+d and adaware se personal are showing my system as clean.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

Hi powertortoise, Glad you got it fixed. also many thanks for taking the trouble to report back on your success. Anyone with a similar issue will be able to look up your fix and hopefully it will work for them as well regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 powertortoise

powertortoise

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:37 AM

Hi powertortoise,
Glad you got it fixed.
also many thanks for taking the trouble to report back on your success.
Anyone with a similar issue will be able to look up your fix and hopefully it will work for them as well
regards
paws

No problem. It was the least I can do after you people helped me to remove the errorsafe hijacker over a year ago.
Thanks again.

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 netts

netts

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

OH HALLELUJAH! .. Thank You!!!!!! I have had problems with both of these for the last two weeks and couldn't work out what I'd done wrong ... obviously one of the updates on Kaspersky.. my "protection" had disallowed them and it was driving me nuts! Even rolling my system back didn't seem to work!! I even bought IE7 again cos I couldnt download it using Yahoo. I really appreciate you posting that solution as I was beginning to get frustrated!! netts xx

#6 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

OH HALLELUJAH! .. Thank You!!!!!!
I have had problems with both of these for the last two weeks and couldn't work out what I'd done wrong ... obviously one of the updates on Kaspersky.. my "protection" had disallowed them and it was driving me nuts! Even rolling my system back didn't seem to work!! I even bought IE7 again cos I couldnt download it using Yahoo.

I really appreciate you posting that solution as I was beginning to get frustrated!!

netts xx

Thats the power of forum's instead of personal mails............

Thanks for your input, and glad you could use the info provided :thumbup:

Regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde