This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sound gone

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have done something very stupid.  Please help.  My system

 

Lenovo  K4 series  cpu  i5-4440——-Nvidea  GForce  GTX  650   Monitor  LG  TV through  HDMI

 

Win 10    32 bit last update  today  May 10  Wednesday.

 

All was well. I was watching a game and used the TV remote to  Mute the sound. Later I changed to another site and

completely forgot about  Mute.

 

Subsequently I switched another site but could not get any audio. It went wrong from there.I did not remember having used  Mute on tv.

 

I opened  Nvidea  control panel. It showed LG Tv as device. Clicked on sound and the window showed LG tv but no sound. In desperation I started to click all over and the net result is that a red X has appeared next to sound icon bottom right.

 

Everywhere I go it shows "  Device not plugged in" and all option are grey.

 

H.D.Audio Manager says

 

You are seeing blank page because there is no audio device plugged in.

 

I tried resarting pc as well as system restore.  Nothing has helped.

 

I am an old man and know virtually nothing about electric contraptions.

 

Please, how do I get back sound?  Help.   Click by click instructions. please. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI