Years ago I used Explorer. I used to "send" link or page by clicking file. I did this after setting 'mail' as the priority program/app and under custom as well.
I am only doing this as an experiment. with Explorer 11.
I do the same thing and all I see under file>send>is a grayed out link or page.
I did everything I used to do including signing in and rebooting.
Explorer 11 is so slow and it keeps saying it is not responding, taking too long and something about script. I sent feedback 4 times.
What am I missing?
Thanks
P.S. I checked settings>default apps and it is there.
Please do not forget this is only an experiment so do not take it seriously.
Unless I have something wrong, it is an inoperable, slow as molasses, beast.
Hi Peter, Until Bill (Digerati) gets back to you. here are some thoughts for your consideration:
Explorer 11 is so slow and it keeps saying it is not responding, taking too long and something about script. I sent feedback 4 times.
What am I missing?
I'm not sure what you are missing Peter, but something is obviously wrong….and probably with how your IE11 is set up.
I am writing this note on a laptop running Win 10 and with IE11 and its certainly not slow and responds quickly and without delay, and many of my customers are very satisfied with IE11 as well, and leads me to think that maybe the problem, perhaps is concerned more with the installation rather than the operation of the standard browser software.
Bill has a great more expertise in this area than me so its worth waiting for his response, however I often find that problems are caused by either an out of date version of IE (so make sure you are using the most up to date version) or an "add on" that is creating problems.
If you have a look at this link it will explain how to view/add/remove add ons, close your browser once you have made the alterations and reopen it and see if things have improved…
If still no beneficial effect then you can reset Internet Explorer Tools>Internet Options>Advanced/Reset>Ok close the machine and then restart it, as this often solves a number of problems Regards paws
Thanks for jumping in. I have worked with Explorer for years until the advent of 8,8.1, and 10. I am used to reset and checking all add ons. But, I just reset it at your suggestion, and most is fine. I still cannot do- file send>send page or link even though I made 'Mail' the default .
Okay, in IE11, when I click File (if File is not visible, press the Alt key), under Send, I see Page by email, Link by email, and Shortcut to Desktop. If you do not see those options, then I don't know what the problem might me. Since paws already suggested resetting IE and that did not help, maybe try running sfc /scannow.
If you see those options and they are just grayed out or do nothing, then maybe you need to go to Internet Options, click on Programs > Set programs > Set your default programs, find your email program and click on Set this program as default, then click OK. Sorry I don't have more to offer.
That is Windows Live Mail [ Essentials]which works for me too.
But, Mail won't work as a client even after making it the default under apps and again in the control panel.
I was talking with a mod guy who said the gray in 11 is a bug. He uses Thunderbird.
I use an extension called,"Send this page as mail", with Chrome and with Edge, I 'share'. With each, [removed] comes up as my default.
I have system that works but will always wonder why MS has not attended to mail with the send page or link graying out.
Maybe explore is dying out and hey are not paying too much attention to it.
I read where MS sold their phones to a company which slips my mind. I like a phone like Win 10 but windows phones can be troublesome.
Now Google owns 80% of the phones with Apple coming in at around 16 and Windows at 1%.
I do not like he android phone - no files and folders unless you get involved with the Drive. I have always been on the losing side with Windows but I still like it.
Google is too proprietary especially when they impose big brother on us with the restricted use of the SD card.