This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

disc burning Windows 10 update pkg

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I cannot burn discs with this new Win 10 update package and don't know if it was 10 or the update as I have not done so for a while.

I have to format each DVD I wish to use an then it works.

 

IMGBURN is too hard for me and Ashampoo is now so different I cannot use it.

 

I tried to remove Ashampoo with Wise program remover as Revo could not but it did not do a very good job.

 

 I have tried different brands and my current ones used to work..

 

Am I doing something wrong?

 

TY

Peter

I did try it but at the time it did not have MP4 capabilities. That may have changed.

I did get the new ver of Win to work as a burner but oddly and for the first time it required that I format discs before it recognizes them. I am using the same dvds I always did.

I burn mp4 movies from a Canon camera - CDBurnerXP tells you It does not support this file type. 

I open the files to view. Then I select the videos and after opening the burner, drag and drop. I then burn to disc. With Win 10 the discs must be formatted.

I hope you got my alleged trick to bypassing the splash screen on lock screen.

 

after opening the burner, drag and drop

 

I think this is what requires you to format. Try right click and Sent to then select the DVD RW drive instead.

The splash screen trick did not work for me. I think it may be Enterprise. Just curious.

 

So you suggest I right click on the files to be burned and use send to rather than drag and drop? I'll give it a try.

 

P.S. My 2 machines are slower with this new update. It could be that 6 GB RAM is insufficient - the machines are 5 years old.

I much prefer the way it was prior to the service pack. I notice under Windows[fie explorer] at the bottom is Windows update  folder which is full. Is that the way it should be?

1st, thank you for the referral for burners.

2nd I hope the prtscn comes through.

Lastly my machines are slow and run poorly  since the update - any advice? I see it all over the web.

Attachments:

Ah, the Windows10Upgrade folder. I believe that is now created by Media Creation Tool when you upgrade to the Anniversary update. I can't remember if I deleted it after the update or not, but I think it eventually went away on it's own.

Peter, you might want to consider doing a Clean Install of the Anniversary update. You have good backups so restoring your data should be a snap after a Clean install.

 

Also, what does Device Manger look like? Any yellow marks or missing drivers (only the Microsoft generic driver installed for a device)?

 

A Clean Boot is always a good way to try to figure ouot what is causing a slow or unstable system.

 

See here: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Hi Rich

I imaged back to 1507 and checked defer. I hope there is a fix as I see so many people having trouble. I will do a clean install if necessary.

Your link showed how to ?prepare as I saw no mention of how to do the clean install?

I have an ISO from Tech Bench of Win 10 Pro.

When i did a clean install of the laptop there was no provision to work with partitions as I like to have the reservee one even though I don't use it.

 

Could you comment on my ISO from Tech Bench [using the better of .WIM and .ESD[ as to how I perform this other than what i did?

 

>I booted off the ISO and followed prompts, none showing partition choices. It did install but I created a cd as the stick would not work and reimaged to 7-22 1507 with a check next to defer.

 

There are many on the www with issues and I think there will be a fix.

 

P.S. Device manager is fine and thank you.

Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI