Hello
With previuos OS's I used to be able to bypass the splash screen and go right to login .
I cannot apply that fix with this version.
How is it done?
TY
Peter
2 min read
Hello
With previuos OS's I used to be able to bypass the splash screen and go right to login .
I cannot apply that fix with this version.
How is it done?
TY
Peter
Did you try this Peter? http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001387.htm
I wish it worked but…..
TY
On my PC, I automated the actual login so I never see the Windows 10 splash screen that shows just prior to the login screen, nor do I see the login screen. When I boot up I end up on the Desktop, logged in and ready to use.
I only do this on my Desktop, not my Laptop. There I do as you, press Enter to get to the login screen, enter password then login. I don't find this annoying so I've never looked for a way to bypass it. I'll see what I can find.
I did find a fix but did not try it as it may not work and it's not worth the risk for a pik.
METHOD 2: Remove Windows 10 Lock Screen Completely
This method will always work whether its the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update or previous Windows 10 RTM or November Update build.
Actually Lock Screen is shown by an exe file LockApp.exe present inC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy folder and if you delete or rename this folder, Windows will be unable to find the file and will never show Lock Screen.
We have already shared this method in following article:
[Windows 10 Tip] Remove Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Contact Support and Feedback Apps
Check out BONUS TIP 1 in the above mentioned tutorial.
For your convenience, we are sharing the same trick again here:
1. Open This PC and go to "C:\Windows\SystemApps" folder.
2. Now rename "Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy" folder. Just add anything before the original folder name. For example you can add BACK or ! (Exclamation mark) or any desired text before folder name.
We renamed the folder to !Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy and it immediately disabled the Lock Screen completely in Windows 10.
NOTE: If you find any difficulty in renaming the folder, take ownership of the folder first using any of following tutorial and then rename the folder:
[Tip] Add "Take Ownership" Option in Files / Folders Context Menu in Windows
[Guide] How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder Manually in Windows
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI