This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java Runtime and Windows Update Failure

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings and Salutations,

 

I'm having several problems that I suspect may be related but are beyond my abilities to diagnose. This started with an attempt to install the Java Runtime Environment with the jre-8u91 full installer. The attempt failed. I tried both the online and offline installers and continuously get error 1603, installation failed to complete. I've tried just about every solution I could find through google. I've disabled UAC. I've confirmed that there are no pre-existing JRE files on this computer. I gave the installer permission to run as admin. I've run registry cleaners. I've unregistered and re-registered Windows Installer. Then I tried making sure that Windows is up to date. 17  updates failed. And they fail over and over again. Many of them security updates. The other is Silverlight, which is, like Java, a MSI installer.

 

My next step is to completely reformat the C drive and re-install windows. (Win 7 64 bit Home Edition). Before burning down the house, though, I figured I'd ask to see if there are any geniuses out there who might be able to point me in the right direction.

 

Thanks for tuning in.

Cheers

Hi whitelion1284 and welcome to our forum

:welcome:

 

It looks like your post somehow got overlooked….. Sorry!

 

Are you still wanting some suggestions on getting Windows Update to work and installing Java?

or have you now got it all sorted out?

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI