choose the "Pablo" account
Wrong, you need to enter Administrators, then click Check Names.
That should put Desktop/Administrators (note the trailing s).
Pablo is or should be a member of the Desktop Administrators group.
7 min read
choose the "Pablo" account
Wrong, you need to enter Administrators, then click Check Names.
That should put Desktop/Administrators (note the trailing s).
Pablo is or should be a member of the Desktop Administrators group.
Good! Now my account can change the registry.
I misunderstood what you said. You have to ENTER "Administrators" and then request the verification. I was looking for them elsewhere, so the group were never found.
Great! Thank you so much.
Can I ask you "off the record" if the fact that the Administrators dont have "special permissions" mean that their accounts are somewhat limited? Could we need them sometime?
As far as I understand these "special permissions", they only exist once you choose a group or account and set these permissions based on the things you want the group to do or not in relation to a certain kind of file (like save changes to a text document, etc). Is that right?
Have a good week,
Pablo
That's one of the major changes starting with Windows 8, to try to protect users from unwanted malicious software getting installed.
It's the new normal.
Windows pops an error message denying me access to a folder; it says I cant rename a txt file inside it. Since the account i use belong to the Administrators group, shouldnt i be able to install and edit files at will? Do I need to edit my account's privileges in order to do so?
I read at tenforums that my Administrators privileges can be blocked if a malware installation is detected. The system didnt notify me of anything near that. But i'm afraid of this possibility. Where can i check this out?
I installed W10Pro in my desktop because i've noticed it really runs smoother (that's the OS the company i work at uses). I chose it also because i think the user can have a better picture of what's going on the machine and within the system, generally speaking. But i'm afraid my not-so professional handling (i'm more an advanced home user guy) may shorten the fun in using it. I dont plan already to frown my face and tell somebody it's not a good choice. I hope its all just a matter of learning some steps to use it (some more complex than others, possibly; but its ok to me) in order to have a good experience.
Access depends on the path to the folder or file. Most of the system folders and files are owned by Trusted Installer and you only have read/execute rights, not edit or delete. That's normal and it's not a good idea to make a wholesale change to it.
Change ownership and permissions only when necessary.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI