This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Annoyance with Pix Folders

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Person;…

I have been tolerating this since I went to Win8….

I transferred a lot of data from my 40 Gb hard drive with WinXP to the freshly installed Win8 on a 500 Gb hard drive..
It is now Win8.1 fully updated …

In  the attachment below ;…
📎Folder Pix.jpg
All the pix are in folders making them hard to find unless you know the date they were taken !!!

In this attachment ;..
📎Folders Mixed Pix.jpg
You can see both styles..
I very much prefer the pix so you can see the image , thumbnails !!

I have tried every way I can think of to no avail…
The pix were originally on an WinXP & were all thumbnails..
When I transferred them Win8 changed most to the folders & left some as thumbnails..
Can you help me get all my pix in the thumbnail version ???
THANK you in advance…

Later…Ron.M…  B) ..


 

 

 

 Ztruker;….

Thanks for the comedy… :rofl: ..

I NEED to change ALL the pix to thumbnails..

When I go looking for a specific pix I have NO idea as to WHEN I took it…

With thumbnails I can scan quickly & find the pix I'm looking for easily..
In the attachments in my previous post the folders are WAY bigger than on my computer & even with the largest sized folder icons , it's STILL hard to see what is in each folder..

THANKS… ;) …

Later…Ron.M….. B) ..





 

I'm not sure you are understanding, Ron.  Double click on the folder and then you will get thumbnail views of the pictures in the folder.

Ron,

 

If I am understanding you, you would like to see ALL of your photos displayed as thumbnails at the same time.  If that is correct, I propose the following:

 

1. In File Explorer, go to your Pictures.

2. Select "New Folder" in the Home taskbar.

3. Name this folder "ALL PHOTOS"

4. Now, double click on the first dated folder in Pictures.  Choose "Select All" on the Home taskbar.

5. Select "Move To" and choose "ALL PHOTOS" as the destination.

6. repeat 4 and 5 for all the folders in Pictures.  Delete all the empty dated folders.

7. Select all the "loose" thumbnails that remain and move them to "ALL PHOTOS."

 

Now all your photos should appear as thumbnails in ALL PHOTOS.

 

Peace,

Jeremy

 
Tomk;…

 

 

I'm not sure you are understanding, Ron.

With all due respect , you are not understanding..
The folder icons on my monitor are too SMALL for me to get a glimpse of what's inside them…
I do not memorize the dates I take the pix..
When I do a search for a certain pix , it's a hunt & peck operation that can be very time consuming & frustrating…


Jeremy in SC;..

 

If I am understanding you, you would like to see ALL of your photos displayed as thumbnails at the same time. 

That IS 100% CORRECT !!!..

Due to the high volume of pix I have & the fact that 99% of them are in folders , the procedure is going to be time consuming & tedious…
I WILL try it later today & let you know the results when I can..

 

THANK you VERY much for your help… :D …

Later…Ron.M….. B) …..




 

You are correct Ron, It is I who didn't understand.  I'm now believing you just want the folder icons to be bigger.  If that is the case, this is doable.

 

Looking at you screen when viewing the folders (as you showed in your picture), Right click on the screen.  Select View.  Select Extra Large Icons.  That should do it.


Tomk;…

I already have the folder icons as large as they'll go..

Still can not see pix inside without opening up each folder…
What I want fellas is "T
HUMBNAILS"  …   :wall: ….

Jeremy in SC;..

I tried your method..
BEFORE I did that , I made a copy of ALL my pix (folders)…
Good thing I did..
Step #4 went well..
When I got to step #5 , trouble hit !!!
I found "Move To"  Ok..
I could not find "All Photos" to move them to…
I did find "Desktop"
I clicked on that & away my photos went..
Gone , but not forgotten !!!
They completely  vanished…
I did find a safer way to do this..

I opened up "My Pictures" & deleted everything there…
I then opened up the copy I made of "My Pictures…
I open up each folder & drag & drop the pix from the copy to "My Pictures" …

Slow &  tedious , but it does work..


THANK you ALL for your help & suggestions…

 

Have a GREAT ray & weekend…

Later..Ron.M… B) …..

Well, I'm confused because it seems you are back to what I thought you asked the first time and the answer is you must open the folder to see what is inside.

 

Anyway, sounds like combining in one folder works for you.

 

Have a great weekend yourself. :adios:

 
Tomk;…

If you go back to post #1 , you'll see 2 images there…

In the top pix is all folders…
They are large here due to magnification caused by making that image & posting it here…
You get a sneak peek of the pix in each of those folders  due to the size presented here…
They are NOT that size on my computer screen..
They are MUCH SMALLER & I can NOT get a clue as to what is in each folder until I open it up…
If you'll take notice that each of the folders  have only 2 partial images that I can NOT make out as to what IS on that pix..
EVEN here !!!…
ONLY 1 can be recconized as a foot !!!..

In the 2nd pix you see a mix of folders & thumbnail pix…
I have NO clue as to how that happened !!!…
What I want is to be able to click on "My Pictures" from the "Start Menu" & be able to see ALL my pix as thumbnails…
Shouldn't be that big a deal…


I sincerely hope this clears this up for you….


Later…Ron.M….. B) …..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI