This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need Disk Cleaner and....

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Person;….

My computer is working just fine thanks to the GREAT techs here !!!…

However….
I like a smooth running computer , so , I clean all the junk off the Disk when I'm done for the day…
Problem is that the  Windows 8.1  version of "Disk Cleanup" is pretty much junk & there's  a LOT of room for improvement..

I have NO love for that program !!!
It takes MANY cycles to get all the files & junk off , most of the time does not get certain files cleaned up..
So , I'm wondering if anybody here could recommend a free Disk cleaner that is compatible with Windows 8.1 & hopefully would be with Win 10 later on ….
I previously had PCCleaner , but was told not to use it , so I got rid of it…
I would also appreciate a free real time Anti-Virus program that works similar to Avast…

Avast let me down with it's resource hogging & lost it's punch preventing viruses etc…
AVG(?) gave me compatibility problems in the past , so , I'm not in favor of that program either…..
ANY help & suggestions WILL be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!….
THANKS in advance for your help..


Later…Ron.M… B) …..

 
Ztruker;….

THANKS , I had that one before..

Worked GREAT !!!
Will get it again …

That's half the battle..
All I need now is a GOOD FREE Antivirus that gives me real time protection…

Any ideas ???


Have a GREAT day & what's left of your weekend…

Later…Ron.M… B) ….

I used Windows Defender that came with 8, 8.1 and now 10 for my AV. I also use these with it.

 

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

 

and have been testing Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (still in Beta).

Ztruker;….

I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now…
I'm not sure that it's giving me real time protection as Avast did…
Avast would notify me that it had blocked a virus or ?? from getting on my computer…
It would also warn me about potentially infected websites & block them from loading…
Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware do the same operations albeit  silently & in the background ??…
I have Windows Defender & keep it fully updated…
I scan with it regularly…

Does "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" operate as Avast did & is it free ??…

THANKS…

Later..Ron.M… B) …

Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium does that, not sure about the free version as I've had the premium version for quite awhile now. It definitely blocks specious s web sites.

 

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is more like MBAM that Avast. It justs site there monitoring and will block any exploits it detects.

 

Windows Defender is the replacement for Avast.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI