This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

nvidea

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was OK until nvidea started to load me up with updates. I would like to stop the updates as I was fine before and do NO gaming.

 

In the attachment which should I keep so I can see/hear clearly and am still secure?

 

How do i stop updates? i checked the control panel but cannot find where to stop them.

Attachments:

I have Windows 10 pro x 64.

I tried a few things and b/c I do no gaming, I just kept the graphics card and 'experience' so I can control updates which I don't want.

I don't have 3 D and don't use their audio. I have the low end card GE Force 420.

I have 2 entries. If I look at 'experience' it says I have updates but they have to do with gaming. I disabled auto updates. All seems fine

 

You should install experience as it is nvidea's way of letting you mange the updates.

 

Please let me know if I have any errors?

I found this persistent nvidea folder in my temp folder and %temp% run would not remove it.

I wanted it out because i have always had that area clean - just a preference.

 

If anyone feels the same way, this is a way to remove the nvidea folder form the temp folder.

 

Control panel>nvidea control panel>manage 3 D settings>shader cache=off>reboot >run %temp% and delete the nvidea folder.

I install Geforce Experience when I need it, which is very seldom, then uninstall when done.

 

I use CCleaner to manage junk files. I added "C:\Users\rrkurtz\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation" to the Include list so CCleaner manages it for me.

I found the following;
To delete it, you'll have to go your control panel and select the NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on Manage 3D Settings.
There should be an option there called Shader Cache.
Set it to off and reboot your machine.
It worked, but I am curious as to how you use Ccleaner.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI