This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Cannot connect to internet after resetting

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. Rather than reformatting like I did successfully last year, I chose to allow Windows 10 to reset the system to factory. The problem now is that for some reason, I cannot get on the internet. My WiFi runs well on the Wii for Netflix, and my android cell phone both hook up with excellent signal strength. I cannot get the computer to hook again. I have reentered my WiFi password. It didn't help. I have tried to forget and reconnect to no avail. Please help, once more. Thank you, Suzy
Info update. I called the internet company. They said it was definitely a computer issue and not on their end. If I turn the computer completely off, I can get back on for about five minutes until I lose connection. I was able to get onto Facebook once, reboot, get back on it again for five minutes againbefore losing signal again. What could be causing this? Suzy

Hi Suzy,

Take a look in Device manager…. any yellow or red markers against your wifi adapter??? ( expand network adapters if necessary)

 

If so then you will need to download the driver for it and install it.

 

Can you connect OK to the Internet if you plug an ethernet cable into your router and run it to the ethernet port on your computer?

Regards

paws

Paws, I can get onto the internet with the PC, but only for minutes, then it cuts out. The signal remains strong on all other devices. I tried to hook it up with the Ethernet cable. It still doesn't connect. The modem is connected directly to the cable connection that runs outside. I never touched any connections. If I turn the computer off then on, and connect to the internet via WiFi, it stays connected only for a few minutes. It then does not reconnect without restarting. I wouldn't think that I needed a driver if I can connect even for a few minutes? And yes, the yellow triangle comes on the WiFi device manager when I loose connection. Suzy
Paws, Great news for both of us. It is now working. I reconnected the Ethernet cables. I think I had forgotten to change the settings over to Ethernet. The printer now works. Everything seems cool. You are such a wonderful help. Bless you. Suzy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI