This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

one password

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Does anyone have an opinion about RoboForm where you  use one password?

Obviously, I am referring to security.

I saw others that charge but this is free.

I currently have too many passwords but they are on a couple of flash drives and I print hem out about 4xs a year to refer to.

 

So what I have works for me but times are getting sophisticated so I thought I would check.

 

I have a encrypted file on one of my hard drives and a Rexx program I run to access it. The program asks for the key then decrypt's the file and searches it for what ever you asked for, then encrypts it again. Simple and effective as long as I don't forget that one key.

 

The search is real simple too. Type the file an pipe the output to find with the /i parameter to ignore case.

 

Rexx is an easy to learn and use programming language that started with IBM and now has a Open Software version (ooRexx) available.

 

RoboForm looks interesting though. Give it a try and let us know how it is.

Your process is above my skill level, Rich but it certainly sound effective.

I am a bit leery about being a pioneer when it comes to a freebie that will open all I own with a single password.

You know about what you get for nothing.  :wavey:

I was hoping someone else had tried it and could comment on its worth. 

 

Anyone user care to join in??

I don't need shady. Thank you for the link to LastPass. I notice it is either pro or trial which means $ but security comes first.

Thanks Rich.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI