This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

TreeSize

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

Please see the TreeSize attachment.

 

When I click on the %recycle line and choose delete, it asks if i want to delete this folder.

 

I do not want to remove the TreeSize folder per se but just the contents of the recycle bin.

 

I am doing this to learn only as I do not care about the minuscule amount in the recycle bin.

 

TY

Peter

 

P.S.

I noticed that it says 'outdated' and is 3.3.2.

I clicked on this 3.33.2 & went to the site. There is a 3.4 version. However, neither File Hippo Update Checker nor Secunia detected this new version. Would you download the 3.4 ver. from the site or just keep 3. 3.2 ?

Yes, I would download the latest version.

 

As for the recycle bin, go to your desktop, right click on the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin. Then fire up the updated Treesize and see what it says. Note it is only using 100MB now.

 

And for the record, I used Secunia for many years but got tired of it taking too long for just about anything it did. So I uninstalled it and have no regrets. Frankly, I have decided those programs are a waste of resources.

 

Windows and your security programs will tell you when they need updating. Those are the critical updates you "need". Other programs typically will notify you when you start them, or give you the option to check for updates.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI