really not understanding what your doing or asking here peter,
if for some reason your web browser said to refresh the page when you tried to make a post then yes you lose everything you've typed in the reply box (copy it next time before refreshing the page, that way you can paste it back and try posting it again without losing anything.) but that is an internet connection problem with the site and really has nothing to do with any usb drives you have plugged in at the time.
now where are you short of space, on the pc? on the 1tb drive or some other usb connected device?
to be honest i can't remember exactly how usb drives work on windows but for the life of me i don't remember there ever being a recycle bin on any usb external drives i used, have you set it up in a special way so it's part of the os file system or something?
An external drive accumulates trash as does any OS or drive. A way to clean it is using TreeSize.
As I sad i had a couple of 15 GB images on a 1 TB drive which said it was full. Using TreeSize referred to me by Ztruker, I was able to clean the USB drive and regain all that space. i was reading if you open your external drive, high lite the recycle bin on it, and empty your OS recycle bin, it will also empty the trash in the external drive. There are connected I guess. Rich knows what I mean and maybe he will jump in to better explain than I.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI