This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

boot order

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

Does the boot order depend upon the device you are booting from?

 

If it is a flash drive should it be;  HDD, USB, CD/DVD,  etc

 

If a disc; HDD, CD/DVD, USB, etc

 

I have both disc and stick and find it only boots sometimes and then I often get reboot loops from the same drive.

 

I have USB floppy, USB hard and USB internal I believe. I chose CD/DVD>HDD>USB Hard>etc

 

TY

Peter

I keep mine set to HDD, CD/DVD, USB. When I want to boot from something other than the HDD, I press F12 (on my Lenovo) to get the Boot menu. From there I can select the device I want to boot so never a reason to change BIOS/UEFI Setup.

 

Not sure what Fn key or key combo your computer uses but you should be able to do the same.

My laptop would not boot from the stick but the desktop did. After changing the bios the lap booted but kept looping to boot off Macrium.

I will set mine like yours and call it a day.

Thanks again.

If you set USB as the first boot device you often end up in a boot loop. For some reason it doesn't always ask you to pree a key to continue when booting USB.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI