This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot get Adobe Flash Player 10.1 to install

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

First of all, my OS is Windows XP SP3, with a AMD Duron 1.2GHZ processor and 2.3Gig DD2 Memory.

Before I started experiencing many issues with my system as far back as September 2015, Adobe Flash Player 9.0 (even up to 10.1) worked.fine.

However, when I upgraded to Adobe 12, issues started happening. There was no issues with downloading the Adobe Flash Player. Yet, when I attempted to install the program, after disabling my Avast Anti-virus program, I immediately get an Adobe Installation notice which says that Adobe Flash Player encountered problems and had to shut down.

 

I then uninstalled the program and downloaded it again. Same problem when I started to install.

 

Avast AntiVirus has been disabled each time I downloaded the Flash Player so this could not have interferred with the download. Avast AV was also disabled when I attempted to "install" Adobe Flash Player. Yet each and ever time I get this Adobe Install notification.

 

Adobe Flash Player 9.0 and 10.1 still works on a Windows XP (SP3) system doen't it. The newer upgrades have higher CPU requirements, so this is not my problem.

 

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions as to how I might get Adobe Flash Player 9.0 or 10.1 to properly install?

Hi Mainman704 and welcome to the WTT  forums
 
:welcome:
Sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing with Flash Player
 
1 Have you tried a system restore point created before the problem surfaced inSsept this year? if not then this might be a good first move

2 Take a look here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1391189

that looks a little like the issue you are experiencing

 

3  Can you tell us what your objective was in updating to flash Player 12…. what extra functionality were you looking for, or what limitation in the earlier versions were you trying to fix?

 

4 Presumably you  have isolated this computer running XP from any other computer/data source including the  Internet etc.,

 

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Regards

paws

I just installed the latest Adobe flash under XP Pro SP3 and I got version 19,0,0,226, not 12. That's the same version I have under Windows 10 Pro X64.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI