compudodo
Topic Starter
Jeesh, just said goodbye to Tom over in Hijack this forum and I'm back a day later……
I seem to have lost my windows program. Here is the message:
Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again:
check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If porblems continue disasble or remove any newly installed hardware or software
Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode
technical information:*** stop: ox000000ED ()x84B1D660, )xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
took me awhile to even get the machine to tell me that….. about 15 times all i got was the screen that told me windows wasn't working and to choose the options
starting in safe mode, restore to last known good configuration or just press enter to start Windows….
which just starts the process all over again….
i can't access anything…I can't access safe mode…nothing works and all it does is go to the start up page, which is my V Class motherboard screen, then it goes to a Phoenix screen where I can access Bios. I went through every line of Bios, saw nothing about caching or shadowing…. …. it then goes to Windows, the Windows logo appears, it seems to be trying to open it …and then it just crashes, starts clicking and sends me right back to the screen that asks me to choose which safe modes I want, to choose last known configuration or just press enter to start Windows.
If i press safe mode, I just get a long list like a hijack this log, then nothing. nothing happens, the list just sits there.
Obviously, I am at work, using my computer here to post this. I have no idea what to do. Any suggesions would be greatly appreciated. thanks so very much