This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Introduction

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Whatthetech forum members;

 

My name is Anthony (Mainman704-Username). I live in Greenville, SC. While I am not particularily a novice when it comes to computers, I am not a know-it-all either. I do have a life other than staying on my PC. So, when I say that I am willing to learn, I mean exactly that: I AM WILLING TO LEARN, and am teachable.

 

My system is a Windows XP Professional SP3 system. And while it is rather old compared to most of the members on this forum no doubt, I have upgraded many parts on my computer over the years. What I mean by that is: I have upgraded everything I am feasibly able to upgrade without exceeding the specs for the Gigabyte 7DX+ Rev1 motherboard. I have 2.5 Gig of DDR memory. Since it has become rather hard to find large capacity IDE HDD's, I installed a Silicon Image Sil 3512 SATARaid Controller PCI card which has (2) SATA ports. A Sata DVD-ROM and a Sata 1Teg HDD occupy these ports. I also upgraded the video card with a NVIDIA GeForce 6200; and a Sound Blaster Creative X-Fi Extreme Sound.

Oh by the way. The original CPU was an AMD athlon 1.0GHz. The processor that came with the motherboard upgrade is a Gigabyte 7DX+ Rev1 board is an AMD 1.2 GHZ Processor.

 

Althought I have "upgraded" every thing I could, I particularly like Windows XP Pro. in an attempt to make it run faster, I am presently experiencing issues with loading programs, especially with my internet browser Mozilla Foxfire. It's slow as molasses.

 

Anyway, I'll elaborate more on what's happening with my system in another post.

 

 

welcome, but if you use your pc on the internet then what you really need to be upgrading is the operating system, xp no matter how much you may like it really shouldn't be used any more for very real security reasons.

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI