This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

No Internet and Bad Image Pop Ups Upon Startup [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I am using a Windows 7 software on a Lenovo computer and I downloaded a program that has seriously infected my computer. I am unable to use the internet via Wifi or ethernet. Also upon startup I get a ton of error messages that I cannot seem to click through. Here are a few that I have seen: "iTunesHelper.exe - Bad Image"; "CNMNSST.exe - Bad Image"; "SwitchBoard.exe - Bad Image"; "WinKavApp.exe - Bad Image"…these keep going and going.

 

I was able to download and scan (on another computer) aswMBR.exe. Below is my log. I was unable to run Farbar. When I open it, it checks for updates. Since I have no internet it simply freezes and times out.

 

Please let me know how I should proceed. Keep in mind, everything that I am downloading is on another computer, placed on a jump drive and then installed on my computer since I currently don't have internet access. Your help is appreciated!!!

 

aswMBR version 1.0.1.2252 Copyright© 2014 AVAST Software
Run date: 2015-09-22 09:19:13
—————————–
09:19:13.360    OS Version: Windows x64 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
09:19:13.360    Number of processors: 2 586 0x2A07
09:19:13.360    ComputerName: BRYAN-PC  UserName: Bryan
09:19:14.623    Initialize success
09:19:14.654    VM: initialized successfully
09:19:14.654    VM: Intel CPU BiosDisabled 
09:19:21.752    Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1
09:19:21.752    Disk 0 Vendor: WDC_WD32 02.0 Size: 305245MB BusType: 3
09:19:21.862    Disk 0 MBR read successfully
09:19:21.862    Disk 0 MBR scan
09:19:21.862    Disk 0 Windows 7 default MBR code
09:19:21.877    Disk 0 Partition 1 80 (A) 07    HPFS/NTFS NTFS          100 MB offset 2048
09:19:21.877    Disk 0 default boot code
09:19:21.908    Disk 0 Partition 2 00     07    HPFS/NTFS NTFS       305143 MB offset 206848
09:19:21.971    Disk 0 scanning C:\Windows\system32\drivers
09:19:31.097    Service scanning
09:20:12.000    Modules scanning
09:20:12.016    Disk 0 trace - called modules:
09:20:12.031    ntoskrnl.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys iaStorF.sys ACPI.sys iaStor.sys 
09:20:12.047    1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0xfffffa80068ae790]
09:20:12.063    3 CLASSPNP.SYS[fffff880015b843f] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0xfffffa80068ae040]
09:20:12.063    5 iaStorF.sys[fffff880019e52fa] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0xfffffa800409de40]
09:20:12.078    7 ACPI.sys[fffff88000f127a1] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1[0xfffffa80040a1050]
09:20:12.094    Disk 0 statistics 103725/0/0 @ 6.48 MB/s
09:20:12.109    Scan finished successfully
09:20:34.246    Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "E:\MBR.dat"
09:20:34.261    The log file has been saved successfully to "E:\aswMBR.txt"
 
 

:welcome:

 

Let's try a System Restore and see if we can get you back online and go from there

 

1. If your connected to a wireless router unplug the power cord from the back of the router
2. Click on Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
3. When it opens click on Next
4. Checkmark Show More Restore Points
5. Highlight a date a few days prior to your infection
6. Click on Next again
7. Ckick on Finnish
8. Just set back and let it restore, it will take a few minutes
9. When the computer boots back up let me know how its behaving

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI