This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Failed update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Apparently you were not affected by this update but many were. It could not be installed and MS had a very complex way of getting it done.

I thought it would help those who were affected by it as this way is a lot easier. I found it by browsing and take no credit for it.

Maybe someone in the forum could use it so I sent it to you for that reason knowing you are so active in the forum.

KB3087040

I see. From your initial post I had no idea what was going on.

 

Mode words would have helped :)

 

What update, what OS, when did it happen, stuff like that.

 

Got it now though.

 

Just checked and it failed for me as well. I hadn't noticed.

 

📎KB3087040 failure.jpg

 

This is after I deleted and reinstalled Edge yesterday or the day before.

[Fix for Flash Player Security Update install failure on Windows 10]

 

 

When you click on the link I provided at the beginning of the thread, 'above' is what you see.

I could have elaborated more though.

I am glad you resolved the issue and I wonder if you had the time to see what MS recommended as a fix. It was more than I could do. I have lost the link now.

 

Let's hope others can use this link.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI