This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Issues with Windows 8.1 and a Dell Latitude XT

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK So I have this really frustrating issue maybe one of you guys can help me with… So I installed Windows 8.1 on my Dell Latitude XT and so far everything has been going great except for this one issue… Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it once it is loaded I can't connect to the internet… The computer connects to the WiFi network just fine but if I open Internet Explorer or the Windows Store or anything else then it just says unable to connect. What fixes it is going to Internet Options and resetting everything… Then everything works fine until the next reboot… I can't figure out what is going on… Everything works perfectly until I reboot then I can't connect to any websites until I reset Internet Options… Obviously there is a setting or something that is messing it up but I can't figure out what it is… On another note this started when I installed "Dell Quickset" which is the program that controls the Tablet PC buttons on the front and a bunch of other features… Would appreciate any assistance you guys can provide…

 

Thanks,

-BenjaminsiPod

 

Update: It is so weird… I can access the Windows Store but can't get any pictures… Internet Explorer doesn't work at all but Google Chrome does albeit slowly… It's like it's only blocking certain Windows Servers… ?????

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI