On one of my PC’s, my existing Motherboard was a Wibtek H61 Motherboard .and the Processor an Intel Pentium G630. All I did was to replace the Motherboard with a Foxconn H61MXP Motherboard and the Processor with an Intel Pentium G2030. Both the Motherboards have the same chipset.
But now when I switch on the PC, nothing happens. No LED lights come on, the CPU Fan does not spin and the screen remains blank. The PC simply does not boot. I even changed the Power Supply but to no avail. What could I have possibly done wrong?
I am running Windows 8.1 and the only reason why I changed the Motherboard was because the Foxconn Motherboard in question has parallel ports and I thought it would be ideal to connect my old printer which requires a parallel connection.
I have checked all my connections but still cannot figure out why the PC does not start. Is there any way to pinpoint which component could be causing the problem? The operating system on Windows INFO still confirms that Windows is activated. So what could be the problem? Can someone please help?
it is possible to get a motherboard that doesn't work new, and if your sure you've done everything correctly, connected all required power cables etc, then because you've tried a second working psu and you still get absoulutely no signs of any power going to the motherboard then i'd first change that, if you had signs of power going to it like lights or beebs then i'd look at other issues first like ram or cpu.
Thanks for the response. I have changed the Motherboard but still the computer does not power up. As before, none of the LED lights come on, there is no beep and the CPU fan does not turn. I have also changed the Ram but in vain.
Now it can only be the CPU or the Power Switch on the front of the computer. How do I test the CPU and the Power Switch. Can you please walk me through the procedure? Thanks.
simple way to test the power switch is to remove it completely and short out the 2 pins it connects to on the motherboard with a screw driver, this should start the boot process if there is nothing else wrong, proving it is a faulty power switch, 2nd method is if you have a mutli meter then you could test it by connecting the probes to both wires of the switch and then pressing the button in, the meter needs to be using continuity mode and this will then give a beeb on the meter proving the switch works.
as to the cpu sorry like the motherboard no way to test that except to replace it and see if the new one works thus proving the problem was with the old cpu.
to be honest if the problem was just the switch i'd expect the motherboard to be showing signs of power so would think the cpu is the next likely problem, you 100% sure both psu's work have you tested them?
I have done with similar issue few months back, working PSU, Mobo, RAM , processor, but still the pc has no signs of running, no LED, processor fan running , I suggest you to check if you have jumper settings to clear the CMOS, check it twice and also reseat the CMOS battery, clear the jumper settings once again.